Have you been enjoying the bright sun lately, but need something refreshing to handle the heat? Today we have a great recipe to switch up the traditional lemonade with a nice twist, it just requires ONE extra ingredient- condensed milk! So why not whisk this up. #SoSimpleSoSedap especially for a hot afternoon!
(DONT THROW AWAY your lemon peels! Check out our previous post to make use of them)
|1 Lemon (thinly sliced)|
|½ cup Lemon Juice (3-4 lemons)|
|⅓ cup Sweetened Condensed Milk|
|⅓ cup Sugar|
|3 cups Cold Water|
|50g Palm Sugar* (Optional)"|
- Cut the lemon into thin slices.
- Juice 3-4 lemons to get about ½ cup and set aside.
- In a small pot put in the palm sugar and 2 tbsp of water heat up low heat until it is dissolved, then set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl add the lemon juice, condensed milk and sugar. Stir well (or whisk) until well mixed.
- In a pitcher add in some ice cubes, the lemon slices, then add in some additional ice cubes and pour in the cold water.
- In a glass, add a few ice cubes and top with some Gula Melaka and 2 slices of lemon, pour the lemonade mix.
- Top with a drizzle of Gula Melaka, stir and enjoy.