This is the perfect fix for any sweet cravings. If you’re a fan of chocolate chip cookies and brownies, this recipe combines them both superbly. Simple to make, this is a great treat and crowd pleaser, especially if you add a scoop of ice cream on top while it’s still warm.
*NB. If you have a smaller tray you may need to allow for a longer time to bake as it will be a thicker dough.
|175g Butter (unsalted)|
|135g Brown Sugar|
|½ tsp Salt|
|2 tsp Vanilla Essence|
|50g Castor Sugar|
|260g Plain Flour|
|2 tsp Baking Powder|
|120g Chocolate Chips|
|80g Milk Chocolate (chopped)|
- Preheat the oven to 180℃
- Put the butter, brown sugar and salt into a mixing bowl and whisk well until it becomes pale and creamy (you may use an electric mixer)
- Then add in the eggs, vanilla essence and castor sugar beat well again until combined
- Put the flour and baking powder through a sift into the bowl and beat again until soft dough is formed
- Pour the chocolate chips (keep some for topping later) and the cut milk chocolate bits in the bowl and fold them in gently.
- Place the dough into a lined pan (12” x 12”), and spread it evenly. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips on the top.
- Bake it in the heated oven for about 30 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Leave it to cool completely before cutting into slices.