Coconut Candy or Coconut Barfi is a traditional Indian sweet and loved by all, plus it is quick and easy to make.
|250g Grated coconut|
|400 ml Sweetened condensed milk|
|2 Tbsp Butter|
|2 Tsp Vanilla essence|
|1 Tbsp Natural food colouring|
- Heat a non-stick pan at medium-low heat & dry fry freshly grated coconut for 3-5 mins until the coconut is dry but not burnt. Remove from heat.
- Melt the butter in a clean pan & add all the ingredients. Stir well on medium-low heat.
- Cook till it becomes like thick cookie dough, sticky, and gooey. It may take 18-20 minutes depending on your cooker. Keep stirring, if not it will burn.
- Remove half of the mixture from the pan, and add in the first colour in the mixture and stir well, do the same with the second half with another colour.
- Lightly grease a tray or container, and scoop the mixture into it.
- Spread it out evenly and give it press down lightly.
- Chill for at least 4hrs (or overnight for better results). 8. Cut the coconut candy into little squares and serve. Keep any leftover in an airtight container and place it in the fridge.
This coconut candy should be good for a maximum of 3 weeks if kept in the fridge.