This is a super easy and flavourful Claypot Chicken Rice recipe. The precooked rice in the claypot is paired with ingredients like marinated chicken and mushrooms. The outcome is crispy rice, juicy chicken and a #sosimplesosedap meal!
|1 cup Rice (wash and pre-soak for 30 minutes)|
|1 ½ cup Water|
|450g Chicken Thigh (cut into 4-5 pcs)|
|1 tbsp Cornstarch|
|1 tsp Ginger (minced)|
|3 tsp Sesame Oil|
|1 tsp Sugar|
|2 tsp Soy Sauce|
|½ tsp Salt|
|2 tbsp Vegetable Oil|
|3 cloves Garlic (minced)|
|2 inch Ginger (sliced)|
|2 tsp Oyster Sauce|
|30g Shiitake Mushrooms (rehydrated for 20 minutes if they’re dried)|
|2 Bok Choy (roughly chopped)|
|1 tbsp Dark Soy Sauce|
|1 tsp Sesame Oil|
- Marinate the chicken with cornstarch, ginger, sesame oil, sugar, soy sauce and salt for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, drain the pre-soaked rice and put it into the clay pot. Add 1 ½ cups of water & cook over medium heat and stir regularly. Continue to cook, until the water is almost absorbed by the rice, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cover and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a wok, then add the garlic and ginger, then fry until fragrant. Add the marinated chicken and oyster sauce and stir. When the meat starts to brown, add the mushrooms, stirring for a minute to mix well.
- When the rice is ready, arrange chicken and mushrooms on top of the rice. Cover and continue to simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Finally, add the Bok Choy, cover and keep the heat on low for another 10 minutes.
- Drizzle the dark soy sauce and sesame oil over the vegetables and serve in the claypot.
- *NB. Use a dutch oven or heavy bottomed pot if you don’t have a claypot. The results will be almost the same, but keep an eye on the fire/heat to avoid burning the rice.