You have got to try to make these sedap and soft Chinese Steamed Buns. This simple recipe is easy to follow and you’ll get great results! We promise you delicious buns to dip in a delicious Chilli Crab dish or with some homemade kaya.
|550g Plain Flour|
|11g Instant Yeast|
|1/2 Tsp Salt|
|1 Tsp Baking Powder|
|30g Vegetable Oil|
- Put all ingredients into a standing mixer and mix on low speed for 1 minute.
- Then increase the speed one more level for another 6 minutes until it has all combined well into a dough.
- Remove the dough from the mixer and gently knead the dough into a smooth round ball.
- Place the dough into a large lightly greased bowl, cover it with a damp cloth then leave it to rise for about 1.5hrs.
- Remove the dough from the bowl, and knead it gently on a floured surface.
- Cut the dough into pieces weighing about 50g each, then roll them into a ball, folding the dough under itself to have a smooth surface on top.
- Place each ball of dough on a square piece of baking paper, allow the buns to rise for another 10 mins on the countertop.
- Put the buns in a steamer for 20 mins, until they spring back when lightly pressed, and then remove from the steamer.