An essential base for soups and sauces, this homemade stock is versatile and can be used to make all kinds of yummy dishes. Our SedapTV recipe results in a delicious and flavorful stock that can easily be used at any time to add that extra natural flavour!
|1 tsp Peppercorn|
|3 inch Ginger (sliced)|
|2 Spring Onions|
|1 tsp Salt|
|1 tbsp Vegetable Oil|
|2 Ltr Water (or enough to cover chicken)|
- Put the garlic and peppercorns and pound in a pestle & mortar
- In a large pot, heat up the vegetable oil and put in the pounded garlic & peppercorns and cook til they become fragrant.
- Then add in the ginger, spring onions, salt and then the whole chicken.
- Pour in the water until the chicken is covered then simmer for about 90 minutes.
- Skim the surface the of stock every so often to remove the excess
- Strain the stock and add more salt (if you prefer), and use immediately or freeze for later use up to 3 months.