Our 1st Japanese recipe & we think it tastes awesome!! Very easy to make and it’ll be a hit with both kids and adults, especially with the Japanese Mayonnaise sauce which adds superb finish to this dish. Believe us when we tell you one batch will not be enough!!
|500g Chicken Thigh (or Breast)|
|3 tbsp Soy Sauce|
|1 clove Garlic (minced)|
|½ tsp Ginger (grated)|
|5 tbsp Cornflour (or Cornstarch)|
|4 tbsp Plain Flour|
|3 or 4 cups Vegetable Oil (or enough to deep fry the chicken)|
|Lemon Wedges Sesame Seeds (for garnishing)|
|3 tbsp Japanese Mayonnaise|
|1 tbsp White Miso paste|
|2 tbsp Honey|
|1 tsp Sugar|
|1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar|
- Clean, pat dry and cut the chicken into bite size pieces.
- In a bowl put in the chicken, soy sauce, garlic and ginger and mix well. Leave it covered to marinate for 30 mins.
- While the chicken is marinating, make the sauce by combining all the ingredients listed above, mix well and set aside.
- Then combine the cornflour and plain flour in a large bowl, when chicken has been marinating long enough put them in and coat each piece with the flour mixture well, and leave for another 10 mins.
- Heat up the oil in a pot/wok or suitable pan. Make sure the oil is enough to cover the chicken.
- When the oil is hot enough (approx 160℃) Place the chicken into the oil and let it fry for about 3 - 4 mins.
- Remove it from the oil and drain the chicken for 2 mins (or on kitchen paper), then fry the chicken again for another 3 - 4 mins, until they are golden brown and cooked through.
- Place the chicken on kitchen paper to drain, then serve the chicken with some mayo sauce and lemon wedges.