Want to satisfy your curry puff craving? Give this recipe a try by making a couple or make a batch and freeze them so you can enjoy this delicious snack, anytime of the day!
|150 g Russet Potatoes (peeled and cut into small cubes)|
|150 g Chicken Breast (cut into small pieces)|
|2 tsp Curry Powder|
|1½ tsp Sugar|
|½ tsp Salt|
|½ tsp Chicken Stock Powder (optional)|
|6 pcs Curry Leaves (optional)|
|20 g Shallot (chopped)|
|2 tbsp Oil|
|3 tbsp Water|
|1 pkt Puff Pastry (frozen)|
- Cut chicken meat into small pieces, add in curry powder, sugar and salt, marinate for about 20 minutes.
- Steam both Russet potato and egg for 10 minutes. When the egg is done, let it sit in cold water, this will make it easy to peel.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in wok or skillet, sauté chopped shallot until fragrant, add in marinated chicken, 6 pieces of curry leaves (optional), stir fry until almost done.
- Add in steamed potato,½ tsp chicken stock powder(optional)and 3 tablespoons of water, stir until potato filling is thickened; filling should be wet but not dripping. Set aside to cool.
- Cut pastry into a round shape; fill with potato filling and cubed hard-boiled egg.
- Fold in half, seal and pleat the edge.
- Preheat oven at 210°C - 230°C and bake until golden brown
- Serve warm and enjoy.
Notes: Yields 6 large curry puff