This egg-free cheesy biscuits, topped with a crunchy almond, is the perfect
bite for when you wanna sit on your couch and binge watch a series. With a
mug of teh tarik by your side, in this wet weather why go out when you can
whip this up so easily? Biscuits like these can be kept well in an airtight
container for over a week (if you don’t finish them in one sitting that is!) Admittedly not a very Malaysian biscuit, as we only usually see these surface during fasting month. But it’s the holidays so why not 😊
|½ cup Butter (unsalted)|
|1 cup Castor Sugar|
|120g Cream Cheese|
|½ tsp Vanilla extract (or essence)|
|1 tsp Lemon Zest|
|1 cup All-Purpose Flour|
|20 Almonds (approx)|
- On a low speed, mix the butter (softened), cream cheese (room temperature) and sugar until it is smooth and well mixed.
- Then add in the vanilla essence and lemon zest and mix again.
- Gradually in 3 parts, add (sifted) flour into the mixing bowl, until all mixed.
- Then put small mounds of dough onto a baking tray (keeping them about 2 inches apart)
- Top each one with an almond (they need to be placed in hot water for a few minutes, then skin removed)
- Place the trays in an oven preheated to 175deg C for about 10 minutes, or until edges are golden brown.
- When cooked, cool them on a wire rack and allow to cool. ⚠Warning : These are very addictive!! 😂