This classic dessert is enjoyed by people all across Malaysia, the coconut flavour with the fragrant smell of pandan will definitely satisfy your sweet tooth craving! This dish is enjoyable at any temperature, and yes we mean any!
|1¾ L Water|
|250 g Black Glutinous Rice|
|200 g Palm Sugar|
|4 Pandan Leaves|
|400 ml Coconut Milk|
|1 tbsp Corn Flour|
- Put Rice into 1½ltr water, with 1 tsp salt and 2 pandan leaves - boil for 1 hour on a low heat
- Add 250ml water to the palm sugar and boil until it has melted on low heat, then add 150ml coconut milk, stir and remove from heat and set aside
- Boil the rest of the coconut milk with 2 pandan leaves, add ½ tsp salt.
- Add a little water to the cornflour and stir into the coconut milk, and stir well until there are no lumps
- Serve the ‘Bubur Pulut Hitam’ with a little of the thickened coconut milk.
Notes: Try freezing it and you have your very own ice cream potong!