A Ramadhan delight, the bubur lambuk is not just nutritious but it also gives you a nostalgic feeling. This is a dish that everyone looks for every year during the holy month. Why not try and make some, perhaps share it with your neighbours too!
|500g Beef (cubed)|
|3 tbsp Cooking Oil|
|2 Red Onion (sliced)|
|3 cloves Garlic (chopped)|
|1 Lemongrass stalk|
|1 pkt Soup spices (Sup bunjut)|
|1 cube Beef Stock|
|1 cup Potato (cubed)|
|1 cup Carrot (cubed)|
|2 tsp Peppercorn|
|1 tbsp Salt|
|1 stalk Coriander|
|Fried onions for topping|
|Spring onions for topping|
- In a deep pan add the cooking oil, onions, garlic, ginger and lemongrass. Fry until fragrant.
- Add the cubed beef, cooked on medium heat until browned. Then add the rice and mix well.
- Pour in 1 ltr of water and bring to a boil. Then add the soup mix, beef cube, potatoes and carrots and cook for 20 minutes.
- Add the peppercorn, salt and coconut milk, stir well and cook for another 8 minutes.
- Top with spring onions and fried onions, (Serves 6 to 8)