This recipe is one of those 15-minute, over-rice, easy-to-make, one-pan dishes with lots of tasty sauce to soak into the rice. Substitute the protein or vegetables to your personal preferences too if you so wish, coz the sauce will go well with almost anything! Do you like your stir fried dishes to be dry or with extra gravy?
|350g Sliced Beef|
|1 inch Ginger (minced/grated)|
|2 tbsp Soya Sauce|
|3 tbsp Cooking Oil|
|1 tbsp Cornstarch (mixed with 1 tbsp water)|
|200 g Asparagus|
|1 Red Onion (sliced)|
|4 cloves Garlic (chopped)|
|1 Red Chilli (sliced)|
|1 tbsp Oyster Sauce|
|¼ tsp Chicken Stock Granules (mix with 60ml water)|
|1 stalk Coriander leaves*|
|1 tsp Sesame seeds (toasted)*|
- Slice the beef into strips, ensuring you cut against the grain.
- Marinate the beef with the ginger, soy sauce, 1 tbsp cooking oil, and mixed cornstarch and set aside for at least 15 mins.
- Meanwhile rinse and pat dry the asparagus, cut off the woody ends and then cut into 2 inch pieces.
- Heat up 1 tbsp cooking oil in a pan and onion & garlic until fragrant, then add the asparagus, red chilli and oyster sauce and stir fry on medium heat for 2 minutes or until crisp tender, then remove from the pan and set aside.
- Heat up another 1 tbsp cooking oil then pour in the beef mixture and chicken stock on high heat for 3-4 mins or until no longer pink.
- Finally add in the asparagus and stir. Serve with some coriander* and toasted sesame seeds* (Optional)
*NB: We used topside steak but you can also use tenderloin or sirloin.