This Avocado Pesto Pasta is something you should make today! Ever wonder how Avocado tastes like as a pesto sauce? This creamy and hearty pasta dish that can be enjoyed by everyone with any dietary restrictions since there are no dairy and meat😍 This pesto does not require much effort to cook as it can be done in under 10 minutes… You can easily make the pesto blend and keep it in the fridge for quick and easy meals in the week.
[NEW MEAL KIT RECIPE ALERT!! THE AVOCADO 3-IN-1 MEAL KIT, IN COLLABORATION WITH THE BODY SHOP MALAYSIA.]
Click here to get your Avocado 3-in-1 Meal Kit: https://sedaptv.com/product/avocado-meal-kit/
|1 Ltr Water|
|1 ⅛ tsp Salt|
|2 cup Pasta (of choice)|
|2 ripe Avocado (pitted & cut)|
|1 ½ tsp Garlic (minced)|
|3 tbsp Coriander Leaf (chopped)|
|2 tsp Ginger Paste|
|2 tsp Lemongrass Paste|
|1 tsp Black Sesame Seeds|
|15 g Sweet Basil Leaves|
|⅓ cup Sunflower Seeds|
|2 tbsp Lime Juice|
|2 tsp Sesame Oil|
|4 ½ tbsp Extra-Virgin Olive Oil|
|⅛ tsp Pepper|
|2 tbsp Red Onion|
|¼ cup Red Bell Pepper|
- Bring 1 ltr water & 1 tsp salt to a boil, add 2 cups of pasta & cook for 8 minutes (or as packaging instructions). When cooked, strain & set aside.
- Put these ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth: avocado, garlic, coriander, ginger paste, lemongrass paste, black sesame seeds, basil, and sunflower seeds in a food processor or blender. With the machine running, slowly add in the lime juice, sesame oil & 4 tbsp olive oil to achieve a smooth pesto.
- Add ⅛ tsp salt and ⅛ tsp pepper into the pesto and mix well.
- In a clean pan heat up ½ tbsp of olive oil, then add in the red onion & cook on medium heat until translucent. Then add in red bell pepper & continue frying until they have just softened.
- Coat the pasta well with some pesto then top it with the stir-fried red bell peppers.
- NB: The pesto should be used immediately, or kept refrigerated in an airtight container to be used within one week.