Everyone loves fries 🍟 … everyone loves avocados 🥑 …. Now when we combine them we get AVOCADO FRIES 😍 This snack is so easy to make and it can be paired with almost everything !! The dipping sauce is oh so yummy too 🥰 A simple yet delicious sauce to be enjoyed with the fries…
|2 Avocado (ripe but firm, pitted & sliced)|
|½ cup Corn Flour|
|½ cup Potato Flour|
|1 tsp Baking Powder|
|1 ½ tsp Salt|
|1 ½ cup Tomato Puree|
|1 ½ cup Fine Breadcrumbs|
|2 ½ cups Vegetable Oil (keep ½ tbsp aside for frying onion)|
|2 tbsp Red Onion (finely chopped)|
|¼ cup Red Bell Pepper (finely chopped)|
|1 ½ tsp Garlic (minced)|
|2 tbsp Lime Juice|
|3 tbsp Coriander Leaf (chopped)|
|2 tsp Ginger Paste|
|2 tsp Lemongrass Paste|
|2 tsp Sesame Oil|
|1 tsp Black Sesame Seeds|
- Cut avocados into slices about ½ inch thick.
- Add the corn flour, potato flour, baking powder & 1 teaspoon of salt in a bowl & mix well. Put 1 cup of tomato puree in a second bowl and the fine breadcrumbs in a third bowl.
- Cover each piece of avocado in the flour mixture and shake off the excess, then dip it in the tomato puree, covering it well. Then coat them in the bread crumbs.
- Heat up approx. 2 ½ cups of vegetable oil (keeping ½ tbsp aside for dipping sauce) in a saucepan to 190°C, or on medium-high heat.
- Fry the avocado slices (just 2 or 3 pieces at a time) for about 30 seconds until they turn golden brown, then drain them on some kitchen paper towel.
- For the dipping sauce, heat ½ tablespoon of oil in a frying pan then add in the red onions & fry until translucent, then add in the red bell pepper & garlic and continue to fry until the red bell peppers for 3 - 4 mins, then set aside to cool.
- Place the lime juice, coriander leaves, ginger paste, lemongrass paste, sesame oil, black sesame seeds, ½ tsp salt, ½ cup tomato puree (from earlier) and cooled red bell pepper & onion mixture all in a food processor, and blend until smooth to serve.
*NB: You may blend or grind the breadcrumbs for a more fine texture, and add your favourite dry herbs for more flavour.*