Remember those fluffy cute coloured cupcake-like kueh you used to have at your grandma’s? Apam Nasi Kukus are light, with a hint of sweetness and just perfect for afternoon tea. Don’t forget to have it with a sprinkle of grated coconut to complete your sedap nostalgic moment!
|2 cups Cooked Rice|
|2 cups Plain Flour|
|2 cups Rice Flour|
|1 cup Sugar|
|1pkt/tbsp Eno (white)|
|½ tsp salt|
|2 cups Grated Coconut|
- Blend the cooked rice with 3 cups of water, set aside
- In a large bowl put in the plain four, rice flour, ¼ tsp salt, sugar & blended rice & mix well
- Then add colouring as preferred - split into half and add a little colouring and mix well
- Pour into think paper cupcake moulds (if using plastic you can lightly grease with oil)
- Place into a steamer, covering the lid with a cloth, steam for about 30 mins on low heat or until fully cooked (they should be soft and bouncy to the touch)
- Serve with some grated coconut mixed with a ¼ tsp salt.