Here’s our own version of ‘Agar agar’ (jelly) which we think you’re gonna just love. It may not be the prettiest of desserts but it is most certainly one of the yummiest!
|250 g Palm Sugar (Gula Melaka)|
|800 ml Water|
|1 pkt (10g) Agar-agar Powder (Brown Colour)|
|2 slices Bread|
|200 g Coconut Milk|
|½ tsp Salt|
|1 tbsp Sugar|
|2 Pandan leaves|
|¼ cup Coconut flesh|
- Pour water into the pan and bring to boil
- Add the palm sugar to the water and boil until all dissolved
- Remove from heat, sieve the mixture into another pot
- With no heat, add agar-agar powder gradually while stirring constantly
- Add bread by breaking into small pieces and boil for 5 mins, keep stirring
- Pour the mixture into a container and set it aside to cool down completely
- In a clean pot, pour in the coconut milk, salt, sugar and pandan leaves
- Keep on medium heat and keep stirring
- Once the coconut milk mixture has cooled, pour it onto the agar agar, and put it in the fridge for at least 30mins.
- Cut the agar agar into desired shapes and serve with some Teh Tarik for teatime.