This cooking project is suitable for beginners and it’s very kid-friendly. This beautiful blue layered jelly is so simple and requires only five ingredients. Spend some quality time making something new with your kids this weekend, and it really does taste as good as it looks!
|¼ cup Blue Pea flowers (Bunga Telang)|
|6g pkt Agar Agar Powder|
|200ml Coconut Milk|
|¼ tsp Salt|
- Wash blue pea flowers and boil in 100ml water for 1 minute, until the water has turned dark blue. Take it off the heat & sieve, then squeeze out all the blue water.
- Add 700ml water to a pot and add the agar agar powder & sugar, then bring it to a boil, until all the agar agar powder has completely dissolved.
- Add the blue flower water into the pot and stir well, when it is boiling add the coconut milk, salt and stir. Let the mixture boil for about 2 mins and then remove from the heat.
- Scoop the agar agar liquid into a glass bowl or jelly moulds. Remove any bubbles on the surface with a spoon. Set aside to cool.
- The coconut milk will slowly separate, creating 2 layers. Once separated, chill it in the refrigerator for 2 hours before serving.
It’s important to note that to achieve the proper separation you do not over boil the coconut milk and that when you let it cool, DO NOT MOVE the bowl to achieve the separation.